I have answered this question so many times in recent months (because I am/was looking) and here is some recommendations;
I would like to mention that ‘recruiters’ can be helpful and I have gotten the same advice about getting in touch with recruiters, but sadly I would say this is more about marketing than a true service. Be selective with them.
1. Knock out your linked in profile and the resume profile (Lifehacker article) – Lots of company applications link to your profile – a way to do the work 1x.
2. 9 Job Sites to bookmark for your career – http://mashable.com/2011/01/10/job-sites-to-bookmark/
3. Create an account with your local gov virtual one stop site
4. List of best job search sites: http://www.listofsearchengines.info/job-search-engines
5. Create a profile on www.USAJobs.com – Government jobs.
It took me about a month (while working full time – every night ect) to
View original post 243 more words